Turner Broadcasting Applications Architect in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
The Application Architect leads the design, architecture, development, deployment and maintenance of complex, large-scale, mission critical business systems, enabling the department to deliver world-class solutions. The Application Architect also is responsible for mentoring a team of software developers as well as implementing and supporting software development best practices.
- Provide technical leadership to software development external and internal resources.
- Work with data scientists, product managers and designers to develop and present innovative solutions.
- Organize internal and external resources around an architecture and lead planning activities.
- Investigate new technologies for applicability to solve current and future technical challenges.
- Exercise creative and innovative thinking around company software platform.
- Deliver next level, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customer’s changing business needs.
- Understand the technology to anticipate likely architecture changes.
- Rapidly absorb new knowledge bases and incorporate them into new and existing architecture.
- Provide expert technical advice and assistance for multiple projects.
- Lead design, coding, and problem resolution activities as requested to ensure technical viability.
- Coordinate and manage code reviews.
- Work with key managers and business analysts to discern business needs and identify where architecture contributions can impact the overall success of business improvement solutions.
- Lead in exemplifying support of business goals and cultural environment.
- 5 to 10 years software development experience in an organization with strong tech products
- 5 to 10 years of software architecting on next generation platforms
- Proactive self-starter who dives in to get things done effectively
- Can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated advanced experience reading and translating data, process, and business models into technical designs
- Must have a passion for innovation.
- A sophisticated understanding of software systems and applications.
- Ability to effectively develop and lead software solutions.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services