Turner Broadcasting Assistant Manager, Edit - Turner Studios in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Assistant Manager, Edit - Turner Studios
Time Warner Division:
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content.We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
At Turner Studios, we make content for some of the biggest and the best in the industry: from TBS to TNT, Adult Swim to Turner Sports. We work on shows, promos and everything in between. And right now, we have an opening: we're adding an Assistant Manager to support our edit team.
What part will you play?
The Assistant Manager will assist in the supervising, hiring, and managing of junior talent. The AM will support the editors themselves, as well as the senior management team. The position requires a keen awareness of what it takes to be an up and coming talent in the world of editing. How to spot someone capable of being a tastemaker for our partners. It also requires an understanding of the technical aspect of editing, as well as how to navigate the more soft skill sides of the business. Ultimately this role will need to navigate day-to-day fires, as well as the more creative aspects of the work.
What will you be doing?
- Manage a team of T3s and Apprentices, balancing their day-to-day edit issues
- Aid in scheduling junior talent to best support partner needs
- Ensure the work is aptly handled and that each person's workload is manageable
- Assist in posting positions for junior staff, as well as reviewing resumes and demos, responding to emails, and hiring edit support
- Assist senior management in plotting and executing formalized training schedules, providing opportunities for continued growth for junior talent
- Guide junior talent to maximize their skills with Partners for best fit
- Keep senior management abreast of changes and ever-evolving workplace logistics of tech needs in-suite, in assist stations, and for individuals
- Interfacing with Engineering about tech issues
- Work with management to understand partners' needs and how to effectively support
What do we require from you?
- 2-3 years of experience managing workflows, projects, and staff
- Bachelor's degree required - Ability to work well with employees and network partners
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills - Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- A degree of patience that ebbs and flows with next generation talent
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services