Turner Broadcasting BIT Supervisor, BEST Broadcast Systems in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
BIT Supervisor, BEST Broadcast Systems
Time Warner Division:
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
Tech at Turner
45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe.Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist on the BEST Broadcast Systems team, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world, including all ofCNNand Turner's News brands.You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans whenever and where ever they want it.
In addition to performing and overseeing preventive and demand call maintenance work, the Engineering Supervisor will be the main technical expert on the respective shift. The Supervisor is expected to effectively communicate with both upper management and the general staff. This person is tasked with identifying and developing the next generation of leadership. The Supervisor is responsible for setting employee goals and holding them accountable at years end. This person is expected to participate in employee reviews alongside the manager.
* *We operate in a 24/7 production environment. Shift work on a rotating schedule may be necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
- Diagnose and repair equipment failures such as automation systems, servers, video routers, on-air switchers, Intercom systems, audio mixers and all systems that make up a Studio, Production Control Room and Master Control environments
- Maintain the various backup servers and storage devices to ensure the continued data protection of video/audio assets
- Provide support for other departments needing connections and access to servers and networks
- Understanding / operation / maintenance / design of the various networks, routers, storage systems, fiber links, and ancillary equipment throughout the facility
- Maintain network technical specifications used throughout the facility
- Produce and oversee comprehensive work order, shift agenda and project reports. In addition to these aspects this position requires demonstrated leadership skills
- 8+ years of experience as an Engineering Support Engineer in a state-of-the-art television broadcast organization
- Minimum of 4 years with hands-on experience in installation, repair and maintenance of server based on-air play-out systems, CAP system and broadcast related computer networking or engineering
- Associate degree (AA) or equivalent in CS/EE
- Proficient in the use of broadcast related test equipment including, but not limited to: waveform monitors, vector scopes, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, test signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Advanced skill in MS SQL, Centura, Linux, and significant scripting development experience
- Must have a strong background in TCPIP and network protocols including programming of fiber and network switches, DHCP, FTP, Active Directory, DNS, SNMP, browse proxies, firewall technologies, and Cisco systems
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of analog and digital audio/video technology
- Working knowledge of current Windows OS, data networks, servers, archive and distribution systems
- Working Knowledge of MPEG compression systems
- Must have a working knowledge of SCSI, RAID, Fiber Channel and preferably SAN
- Good understanding of ITIL
- SBE Senior Broadcast Engineer (CSTE), or equivalent certification preferred
- Working knowledge of SMPTE 2110 or ASPEN standards in reference to an SDVN preferred
- CCNA Certification preferred
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of theWarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services