Turner Broadcasting Line Producer - CNN - Inside Politics in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Line Producer - CNN - Inside Politics
Time Warner Division:
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
This is our story
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Line Producer, with executive producer guidance, prepares the rundown of news stories, oversees and executes the production of key video and graphic elements. The Line Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room. Additionally, the line producer must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, package production, graphics elements and field coordination.
What do we need from you?
- Must have at least 5 years of experience producing live news shows
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience
- Applicant must be editorially mature with solid knowledge of national and international news and be able to create an in-depth, visually exciting newscast
- Must be a strong leader in the control room and be able to calmly handle breaking news situations
- Must be an effective team leader with strong people management skills
- Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance
- Ability to produce quality work quickly
- Knowledge of iNews and Mediasource is helpful
- This position will likely fill a variety of schedules, including overnight hours and the individual chosen is required to be extremely flexible
- Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style
- Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented
- Self-starter- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMediafamily of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services