Turner Broadcasting Looker, Principal Architect in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Looker, Principal Architect
Time Warner Division:
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
The Principal Architect provides technical guidance, advice, support, and mentoring to the entire team of 8-10 professionals within the functional information technology discipline of Architecture, as well as direct management of 2-4 development professionals. Offering expert design planning with a focus on developing tools and processes to support and enable long-term architecture of our systems, as well as localized design solutions according to project needs across the enterprise, the Principal Architect partners with the Managing Architect to vet and deliver tools and recommendations to the development organizations. The Principal Architect's role is more internally focused than the Managing Architect, as this role (and those supervised) will often design and build tools and solutions that the Managing Architect (and those supervised) will then partner with development teams to determine the most effective way to integrate these designs into the various current and planned projects. In this way, the Principal Architect plays a less direct role in the systems architecture of projects across the applications group, performing hands-on systems consulting and design duties above and alongside the Applications Architects, and working with the Managing Architect and the VP-Applications Architecture to support the enterprise application division.
- Define and Implement Software Architecture
- Define and communicate an architectural vision for the applications division
- At a departmental and enterprise level, proactively plan for project or organizational contingencies and design, recommend, implement, and manage changes under the guidance of senior management.
- Recommend long-term technology solutions in accordance with an understanding of the methodology, architecture, business needs, and strategic success of the organization.
- Engage other technical subject matter experts across the Turner enterprise to solicit input, feedback, perspective, and (as appropriate) assistance.
- With the Managing Architect and the architecture team, research, monitor, evaluate, and publish/teach groups regarding emerging technologies and trends internal and external to the organization on a regular basis
- Implement, operate, and support the shared component of the software architecture
- Oversee and guide the development of cross-departmental utilities and present reports on trends, problems, accomplishments, or other information as appropriate.
- Oversee deployment and operation of application servers
- Provide leadership in support of the enterprise technology plan and principles, as well as organizational direction and culture
- Facilitate the sharing of knowledge across employees to strengthen capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to client needs
- Conduct information-sharing and/or teaching sessions to facilitate increased awareness of industry trends and upcoming initiatives.
- Provide leadership in support of organizational direction and culture. Manage employee performance or discipline issues and work with director to recommend compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions. Supplement and Support Applications Architects and Developers.
- Lead, negotiate, and facilitate the development and implementation of software solutions across technology and business areas. Assist management with the selection of a technology solution that is in alignment with enterprise-wide architecture/technology, creation of cost and time estimates, task identification, and sequencing of project events.
- Provide input to the enterprise knowledge base via reports and other communication mediums (e.g., \"ASK\") regarding architectural standards, development tools, and development initiatives. Assist others in the use of programming tools and recommend tools to best meet application needs
- Develop reusable components for developers and provide expert technical guidance and support to use them effectively. Assist project teams in assessing the technology environments and determining changes as necessary to ensure successful implementation of software systems. Work with other technology groups (e.g., server operations, deskside support) to implement changes.
- Provide expert technical advice and assistance for multiple projects. Lead design, coding, and problem resolution activities as requested to ensure technical viability. Direct the work of others as requested and perform hands-on coding, testing, support, or other tasks as necessary to ensure success of the deliverables according to user requirements
- At least seven years demonstrated expertise in software and systems engineering, with a focus on applications architecture. Demonstrated leadership with technical professionals.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of software development methodology, practice, and design/architecture across the full project life cycle
- Specific experience with one or more ERP systems and development/delivery of multiple large-scale custom applications
- Experience with structured project methodologies
- Demonstrated advanced experience reading and translating data, process, and business models into technical designs
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of relational databases (e., Oracle or SQL Server)
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise
- Demonstrated working knowledge of industry/business processes, such as HR, marketing, finance, etc.
- MS Project '98 or similar tool
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience. Advanced degree and/or certifications preferred
- Expert analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with complex applications, technologies, and businesses
- Demonstrated proactive customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions
- Demonstrated team leadership and delegation skills
Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrixed environment Desirable Requirements:
Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry preferred
- Published in professional magazines, journals, or other publications
- Experience presenting expert technical information to professional groups.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services