Turner Broadcasting Principal Business Systems Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Principal Business Systems Analyst
Time Warner Division:
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
The Principal Business Systems Analyst will be on the architect team within the TDC Data Platform team. The job will involve supporting the Data Architects throughout the lifecycle of a data source project. These projects may bring new data sources into the TDC or provide enhancements for existing data sources.
- Review source data files and provide detailed analysis to include field profiles, validation of field, record and files formats, field valid values, required fields, and primary keys
- Assist Data Architect in requirements gathering
- Setup internal processing and automation systems based on architecture design specifications provided by Data Architects.
- Provide complete testing support to include unit testing, system/integration testing, UAT and implementation support.
- Partner with QA team to provide adequate test data.
- 3+ years related experience with proven track record
- Experience with profiling and analysis of source data files in a variety of formats
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment juggling multiple priorities
- Ability to make a strong first impression and build trust, rapport and lasting relationships with business stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak \"tech speak\" to techies, \"lay speak\" to laymen, and \"business speak\" to business leaders.
- Strong facilitation, questioning and listening skills to ask right questions of individuals and groups to surface essential requirements information. Ability to listen to understand not only what people say, but what they mean, and to detect what they may be hesitant to say. Ability to think on your feet, to go beyond planned questions and respond to whatever input you hear from the people you are interviewing
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints
- Ability to create comprehensive test cases to validate the flow of requirements to design to implementation
- Intermediate level SQL knowledge at a minimum
- Previous experience with relational databases, automated processing using custom internal systems (we'll teach you ours)
- Knowledge of AWS, Redshift, Snowflake, Hive/Hadoop a plus
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services