Turner Broadcasting Production Assistant, I+S Production Services Content in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Production Assistant, I+S Production Services Content
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
Join CNN's exclusive Image+Sound team! The Production Services Production Assistant is on the front lines of editing content for CNN Newsource & CNNE while adhering to the highest editorial & journalistic standards.
The Production Assistant will edit content for Newsource. This work is critical to providing video content to over 1,000 domestic and international affiliates.
S/he will collaborate with News Editors and Assignment Coordinators and prioritize edit requests for Newsource.
Spanish speakers may also edit daily content for CNN en Español.
The Production Assistant will support CNN's television and digital platform’s daily production.
S/he is often the first set of eyes and ears on critical new elements.
The PA will have the opportunity to gain sound news editing skills and editorial judgment in their daily responsibilities.
S/he will have the chance to participate in growth and development opportunities.
This PA provides editing support to Newsource; often this content is repurposed and used on other CNN platforms. Basic editing includes verifying aspect ratio, audio and video levels prior to editing and delivering content to Newsource affiliates.
S/he is responsible for entering information provided to create complete metadata records.
The PA properly publishes the edited content for distribution to CNN's affiliates.
S/he must be able to work in a fast-paced 24/7/365 newsroom, including nights, weekends and holidays.
**Must be flexible as this role supports a 24/7 business **
- 1 year of experience in news or video production.
- Ability to edit on non-linear platforms such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere.
- Understanding of file-based workflows.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- A strong curiosity for current and historic events.
- A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business.
- Command of the English language.
- Other language skills are highly valued, especially Spanish.
- Ability to understand a variety of accents.
- Bachelor's degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience.
- Willingness to stay focused for long periods of time while working in a noisy fast-paced newsroom environment as some edit stations are in an open environment, some are in an enclosed edit bay.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services