Turner Broadcasting Program Manager - International Instrumentation in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Program Manager - International Instrumentation
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
*The Turner Story *
Turner is a division of Warner Media along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
*Tech at Turner *
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports – which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.
You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
*The Job *
Turner is seeking a Program Manager responsible for guiding and overseeing the successful implementation of our analytics Global Standards across the full suite of international digital products. You will be responsible for coordinating work of our international instrumentation team, including project managers, instrumentation consultants, developers and QA, and working directly with the international product development teams in an agile environment.
This includes program and project plan creation, management of milestones, change control, issue escalation, customer relationships and team leadership.
This is a high visibility position working directly with international leadership. It is critical to have effective communication and facilitation skills and the ability to craft messages to senior leadership, risk analysis, tight organization and attention to detail. In this position, you will ensure that teams are focused on the right things, blockers are removed, align with project sponsor's priorities, stakeholders an executive are regularly informed, and work stream teams are collaborative. You will need to prioritize tradeoffs to ensure progress and success.
*The Day-to-Day *
- Provides day-to-day guidance of instrumentation team (including PMs, Instrumentation Consultants, Developers and QA) and serves as the on-site liaison to international instrumentation - Coordinate and collaborate with all international development teams during their implementation of the analytics global standards working within their agile development cycles
- Work with our third-party vendor partners, coordinating their work with the Turner team
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (cross functional teams ranging from management to platform teams and clients) to define, develop, shape and refine a program plan
- Communicate concise and regular status with various levels of domestic and international leadership
- Create budgets and manage team work to those financials
- Proactively identify variances to project plan and partner with key stakeholders to develop a successful mitigation plan
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards - Influence decisions through effective communication methods
- Provide clear and reliable communications to internal teams, program stakeholders, external vendors, and customers - Develop and monitor program policies processes, standards, governance, and metrics
- Facilitate continuous improvement by identifying efficiencies and expense reduction in programs
- Demonstrate high-end customer service skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
*The Essentials *
- 2+ year of program management with technical teams
- 4+ years of project management skills
- 2+ years technical experience (e.g. as software developer, business analyst)
- Agile or PMP certifications preferred
- Experience managing analytics initiatives preferred
- Outstanding technical and non-technical communication skills
- Excellent escalation skills that lead to quick resolution of critical issues
- Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Passionate about advocating client needs
- Experience working on consumer facing products
*The Perks *
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
_ Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. _
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services