Turner Broadcasting Senior Accountant in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Time Warner Division:
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
The Accounting Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional financial operations across Turner's domestic businesses. The organization is comprised of three teams: Operations & Personnel Services, Revenue Services, and Procure to Pay. Accounting Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders. Specific Group Overview: The Global Subscription Revenue team provides accounting support to Turner's Entertainment, Animation/Young Adults/Kids Media, News and International segments. This team is responsible for accounting for subscription revenues and receivables related to distribution contracts with cable, satellite or Telco distributors.
Specific Group Overview - General & Administrative (G&A) expenses:
The G&A team falls under Operations & Personnel Services in the Accounting Business Services organization. G&A team responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Accounting for Direct Operating and G&A expenses for multiple domestic and international segments. The G&A team's accounting responsibilities also include financing and investing activities including accounting for joint ventures, equity accounting, and mergers and acquisitions support. The G&A team reconciles intra-company transactions between Turner business units and performs inter-company accounting and reporting between Turner and other Time Warner divisions. Additional responsibilities may include F/X remeasurement and intra-company transfer pricing.
The Day to Day:
- Day-to-day accounting support for direct operating and G&A expenses.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Prepare and/or review complex entries and supporting documentation.
- Prepare/review balance sheet reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations for multiple Turner domestic and international business units and other TW divisions.
- Prepare journal entries for monthly F/X remeasurement and intra-company transfer pricing
- Analyze, complete, and communicate detailed variance analyses.
- Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting.
- Research accounting issues and recommend treatment on these transactions.
- Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
- Build, foster, and maintain good working relationships with members of the Accounting Business Services and stakeholders.
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- Masters degree and/or CPA is preferred
- 3+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public)
*Well-qualified Senior accountant candidates: *
- Experience leading teams and/or projects is preferred.
- Advance analytical and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate key information.
- Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
- Detail-oriented and high energy.
- Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word & PowerPoint is preferred.
*Other desired experience: *
- PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
- Experience with intercompany accounting.
- Experience in forecasting/budgeting.
- Media industry.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
_ Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. _
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services