Turner Broadcasting Senior Systems Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Senior Systems Engineer
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram , Twitter and Facebook
Tech at Turner
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe.Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports– which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.
You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Application Operations team configures, builds, deploys and monitors applications for Turner’s digital brands. We are looking for aSenior System Engineer who will be responsible for building, supporting and monitoring mission critical applications while ensuring the highest levels of performance, availability, security and compliance. The ideal candidate will besharp and eager to learn new things, moves at a fast but methodical pace, enjoys a challenge, is able to lead large projects and help solve any issues that may arise.Work off-hours occasionally, sometimes on short notice.
- Configuring applications installed on Linux (Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
- Troubleshooting application build and deployment issues in CI/CD toolsets
- Remediating security vulnerabilities
- Migrating services to AWS
- Monitoring digital applications and infrastructure (Nagios, Catchpoint, Circonus, New Relic, Datadog, Zabbix or similar tools)
- Lead projects with minimal supervision, displaying strong follow-through and initiative.
- Interacting with APIs
- Develop and maintain support documentation, including diagrams, standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Coordinate projects with other departments and external service providers.
Other duties as assigned. The Essentials
10+ Years of system administration experience
- 5+ Years of managing, supporting, and engineering applications installed on Linux
- Experience with various IP services such as DNS, NTP, FTP, and HTTP
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices and methodologies
- AWS / Cloud technologies (Docker, EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Cloud Watch, Route 53, etc)
- Must have detail-oriented skills used to manage complex systems; excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple environments
- Provide on-call support and remote troubleshooting
Work off-hours occasionally, sometimes on short notice The Perks
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services