Turner Broadcasting Sr BIT Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Sr BIT Engineer
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
*The Turner Story *
Turner is a division of Warner Media along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
*Tech at Turner *
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports – which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.
You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
*The Job *
The Senior Broadcast & IT Support Engineer possesses expert-level knowledge necessary to perform maintenance, installation, and occasional board and/or component level repair of broadcast and IT equipment in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment, in addition to acting as a lead and mentor to other engineers.
In-house production support of live and recorded programming requires a thorough systems knowledge of broadcast IT infrastructure which includes:
1) Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers) and
2) Associated production systems (A/V routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation and transmission systems, etc.) * Shift work on a rotating schedule may be necessary to meet the needs of our customers *
*The Day-to-Day *
- This position will primarily provide facility-based support.
- Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia production systems and computers in our production environments.
- A strong baseline IT and data networking knowledge is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure.
- However, there may be occasions requiring support of outside productions/events or to provide technical support to upgrade outside broadcast facilities.
- Any maintenance of Electronic Newsgathering (ENG) crew gear will be a shared responsibility with the field engineering team.
- Turner BEST teams operate within an ITSM Service Management framework, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes. Adherence to our standard ITSM processes to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required.
- This includes documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in-house service management system(s).
- Senior Engineers must have demonstrated competency in a wide variety of technology and business contexts, and are the organization's most versatile, deployable resources.
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and being able work independently and autonomously in a team-based environment is a must.
- Ability to manage workload and work flow for a group of peers with assistance from management as required is essential.
- A willingness to perform varied tasks, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position.
- We expect our BIT engineers to build good relationships among our client base and to provide excellent customer service.
*The Essentials *
- 2- or 4-year technical degree, preferably electronics or computer engineering (or equivalent education/experience/training).
- Typically, six or more years of experience in television, multimedia content, IT client service or broadcast maintenance capacity, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast and computer equipment at the board level
- Demonstrated experience with television or multimedia production workflows
- Demonstrated competency with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.) Demonstrated experience working on technology and/or process design/re-engineering projects
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. and climbing ladders for equipment and cable installation assignments
- Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems
- Manufacturer-provided broadcast training from Sony, Harmonic, Evertz, etc.,
- Microsoft network certification.
- Software programming skills (HTML, V.B., C++, etc.)
- AutoCAD, MS Office Suite,
- Visio experience
- Familiarity with ITSM Service Management processes a plus.
- Good communication skills (verbal, written) are required.
*The Perks *
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
_ Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. _
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services