Turner Broadcasting Sr Software Developer in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Sr Software Developer
Time Warner Division:
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
The CNN Team
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
Do you want to work in a cutting-edge development team? Come to CNN Digital! We have a position available for a software developer with full stack web development experience. You will get to work with a stellar cross functional team focused on continuous delivery in an Agile environment.
- Full stack web development; focusing on component based development in React and contributing to shared repository of components.
- Integration with internal publishing systems, code utilities and services
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and play a part in the Agile process for planning, estimating, and execution.
- Serve as a tech lead on a delivery team as needed to provide guidance on technical solutions.
- Brainstorm implementation ideas and solutions around business requirements.
- Code in accordance with industry best practices and participate in the code review process, mentoring other developers and documentation.
Deliver bug free and efficient code and write unit tests against logic. The Essentials
- NodeJS and experience with a framework such as Express.
- Front end styling and templating
- HTML, SASS/CSS.
- Git Version Control and working knowledge of the Github Flow model.
- Unit and automated testing experience and adhere to coding best practices.
- Experience with AWS and Cloud technologies.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
Be a coach to other developers in your orbit Good to haves
Degree in computer science or related field, 5+ years’ experience in software engineering or equivalent work experience
- Docker / Containerization
- Experience with RESTful API's
- GraphQL / database experience
- Automated build tools - CircleCI / Codeship
- D3.js / Data Visualization
- Leaflet / Mapbox / Google Maps experience
Last, but most important is our team ethos. Take a read and if the above is your skill set and the below are your values then we can’t wait to meet you!
- Exhibit positivity
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Don’t Take Ourselves Too Seriously; Have Fun
- Act now, don’t hesitate
- Own our destiny
- Don’t let people down—including ourselves
- Achieve and celebrate success together
- Push forward, fail up
- Ask questions, challenge assumptions
- Quality is job one
- Good ideas flow all ways
- Communication is what the listener does
- Respect goes in all directions
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services