Turner Broadcasting Sr Systems/Software Developer - CNN Mobile Apps in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Sr Systems/Software Developer - CNN Mobile Apps
Time Warner Division:
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
The CNN Team
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
At CNN Digital we are leading the charge in transforming the way people consume CNN content. We are a team of innovative, forward thinking, creative individuals focused on creating incredible platforms with the best possible user experience connecting hundreds of millions of people to the news and information they care about. As a member of the CNNgo team, you’ll drive feature development on CNNgo Web, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, and Samsung TV.
The Sr. Application Developer will work with a dedicated team of developers in conjunction with product management, engineering, and other cross-functional teams to help develop the next generation of OTT experiences for CNN. This position will be involved in new feature development, maintaining existing codebases, extending SDKs, and integrating third party SDKs. The right candidate must be a self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment, deliver high-quality and defect-free code for projects throughout the year. Must be comfortable working in an agile environment.
Be a Code Steward for our existing and future features by –
Contributing high-quality, well-designed, and bug-free code
- Reviewing contributed code with the same level of scrutiny
- Ensuring the codebases are in code health with minimal tech debt
- Resolving bugs in a timely fashion, keeping an organized backlog of issues, and noting known issues
- Promoting a healthy and engaging community around our products and team
- Participate in design sessions with architect and other platform developers to create solutions that will be consistent and in parity across all platforms where our features live. Provide cross-platform code reviews to ensure the final products adhere to the original design.
- Provide level of effort estimates and participate in planning sessions with leads and project management to plan upcoming releases of each feature. During development sprints, communicate progress and raise any blockers or potential date slips. Cut releases, update documentation, and update release notes.
Proactively keep up with trends in the industry and any upcoming changes (e.g. operating system updates) that might impact our features. Verify the impacts and put mitigation plans in place. The Essentials
2+ years’ experience developing production applications
- Experience with Git is required
- Strong communication and customer interaction skills
- Strong knowledge of Mobile App environments
- Experience and interest with Video
- Knowledge and interest in video streaming protocols
- Knowledge and interest in ad tech
Agile Development experience, 4-year college degree, or equivalent experience The Perks
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services