Turner Broadcasting Staff Accountant I in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Staff Accountant I
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram , Twitter and Facebook
The Accounting Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional financial operations across Turner's domestic businesses. The organization is comprised of three teams: Operations & Personnel Services, Revenue Services, and Procure to Pay. Accounting Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders. Specific Group Overview: The Global Subscription Revenue team provides accounting support to Turner's Entertainment, Animation/Young Adults/Kids Media, News and International segments. This team is responsible for accounting for subscription revenues and receivables related to distribution contracts with cable, satellite or Telco distributors.
The Content & Other Revenue team supports the domestic accounting activities for more than 50 ancillary revenue streams in the advertising, content, and miscellaneous revenue categories for Turner Broadcasting's entertainment, animation, news, corporate, and sports businesses. As part of this process, the team is responsible for analyzing agreements to ensure the proper and consistent accounting treatment of revenue and related expenses across the company's different business units.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Prepare entries and supporting documentation.
- Prepare account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
- Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting ensuring proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
- Build, foster, and maintain good working relationships with members of the Accounting Business Services and stakeholders.
- Interpret contracts for accounting.
- Review, prepare and code invoices, check requests, and other consolidated invoices.
4-year degree in Accounting or Finance. Well-qualified Staff I Accountant candidates should have:
Basic analytical and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple tasks with minimal guidance in order to meet deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills to articulate key information.
- Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
- Self-starter and work with limited direction and take full ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Detail-oriented and high energy.
- Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is preferred. The Perks
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services