Turner Broadcasting Systems Engineer II, BEST Core Systems in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Systems Engineer II, BEST Core Systems
Time Warner Division:
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
Tech at Turner
45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe.Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE,FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN,iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports– which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
Systems Engineers design, build, configure, maintain, analyze, monitor, and improve information technology systems. They translate business requirements into functional requirements and specifications, producing systems that meet business needs through the assembly of existing hardware and software components and the creation of new integrations and automation code. They frequently work with: software developers, who focus on code authoring; systems architects, who focus on large scale system relationships; business analyst, who gather business requirements; and vendors, who create many of the components Systems Engineers use. Systems Engineers are expected to produce novel solutions to problems, not merely to execute procedures developed by others.
The Systems Engineer is a member of the infrastructure operational technical team and is proficient in common system administration technologies (Microsoft RDP, SSH, scripting, etc.). This position will focus heavily on general system administration tasks, especially system patching, new system rollout, etc. This engineer will work heavily with other CSI staff to ensure the needs of the BEST organization are being met. Frequently assists with large projects under the guidance of senior staff. Is a member of the department with final ownership of infrastructure incident escalations within several IT-leaning ITIL Service areas. Automates solutions for common problems via scripting. This position will help automate several manual functions to reduce the workload and simplify the required skill sets for staff in other parts of the support organization. This is a Monday-Friday business hours type role with on-call responsibilities.
Internal code: BEST META IO TIS CSI
- 2+ years experience in general system administration
- 1+ year in an enterprise or campus minimal-downtime environment
- 1+ year experience automating tasks in at least one complex scripting language (perl, python, bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, including written/drawn documentation and verbal customer interactions
- Ability to work with multiple teams
- Ability to balance multiple competing demands
- 1+ years experience with VMware Experience with system patching tools
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in a relevant topic: computing, engineering, media preferred
- Experience with other areas of general IT infrastructure (storage, networking) highly desirable
- Experience with Service Now Red Hat, Microsoft or similar certifications a plus
- Willingness and eagerness to learn; collaborate with peers and share knowledge and ideas
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services