Turner Broadcasting Systems/Software Developer in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Time Warner Division:
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
You will be working with the Drupal core team at Turner. This team uses Agile development methodologies and builds Drupal modules that are used by several Turner brands such as TBS, TNT, TCM, TruTV, AdultSwim, NBA, NCAA, and PGA.
- Design, develop, test and maintain custom Drupal modules that provide common core functionality required by the many digital brand websites and apps across Turner.
- Participate in technical requirement gathering and scoping exercises.
- Develop secure and high quality code.
- Support off-hour Turner tent-pole events on occasion such as NBA season start, etc. throughout the year and help troubleshoot production issues as needed.
- Work in an agile (SCRUM) based environment.
- Assist the product owner with estimates and explain testing concerns to QA team members.
Create automation tests and use best practice DevOps principles to assist with continuous integration as required. The Essentials
Six months experience creating modules for Drupal 8 websites
- 1 year experience working within a SCRUM team Solid knowledge of PHP, Object Oriented programming
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Circle CI
- Knowledge of AWS cloud technologies such as SNS, SQS, S3 Knowledge of container technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services