Turner Broadcasting Sales Planner in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Posting Job Title:
Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Posting Job Description:
About CNN International
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in seven different languages across all major TV, digital and mobile platforms reaching more than 425 million households around the globe, including over 77 million across the Asia Pacific region. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America and has a US presence which includes CNNgo. CNN Digital is a leading network for online news, mobile news and social media. CNN is at the forefront of digital innovation and continues to invest heavily in expanding its digital global footprint, with a suite of award-winning digital properties and a range of strategic content partnerships, commercialized through a strong data-driven understanding of audience behaviors. Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism. CNN has 41 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource. CNN International is part of Turner, a Time Warner company.
What part will you play?
The Sales Planner supports the frontline sales team for CNN International who deals with clients and media agencies directly in the markets of Hong Kong/APAC. In a time of structural transformation in the advertising market, rapid change in the way people consume news around the world, and the impact of technology on all facets of our business, the entire pan-regional media model has changed beyond all recognition in a very short space of time. Whilst CNN’s multi-platform ad sales strategy has ensured over-performance on both our TV and digital platforms, we continually aim to offer our clients greater real time insights into our audiences, content solutions based on data led input and greater digital expertise across all our markets.
What will you be doing?
These huge growth markets in APAC contribute significantly to the advertising footprint in the region, and are constantly on the lookout for dynamic, multi-platform solutions that tap into CNN’s expertise and leadership position. In this multi-dimensional, challenging, but highly-fulfilling role, the Sales Planner will have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting Sales
- Contributes to the achievement of the regional sales revenue target
- Prepares media schedules, presentations and proposals for the Hong Kong ad sales team
- Provides latest presentations materials and product updates to the sales team
- Deliver accurate and complete paperwork for sponsorships, bookings and campaigns
- Assists the Sales Team in the submission of creative materials for campaign launches
- Compiles On-Air Transmission reports, Digital Performance reports, post-campaign Reports, checking of monthly client invoices, as briefed by the Sales team
- Regularly update product information (credentials presentation, media kits, programme grids, distribution, sales policy, Ratecard etc.) to maintain alignment with other global offices and deliver consistent messaging
- Co-ordinate with regional sales offices to exchange and share sales and account information
- Research & Administration
- Submit monthly sales forecast, pipeline and sponsorship information in the standard format
- Monitors competitor channels and provides information to the sales teams on competitor activity
Success in this role relies on strong organizational skills, attention to detail, an inquisitive, curious mind, and the ability to manage and keep track of a number of concurrent tasks and projects. Well-developed communication skills and the ability to work effectively across internal departments and develop good relationships with key contacts in client and agency businesses are also critical to successful performance. This is a role for an outgoing and energetic team player who can also operate independently and remain focused under pressure.
What do we require from you?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in agency / media owner an advantage
- Interested in & have some knowledge of Media/News Broadcasting Sales
- Knowledge of Digital media - planning, buying and digital operations an added asset.
- Creative thinking with a curiosity and affinity for News
- Fluency in written and spoken English is prerequisite
- Strong administrative and organization skills
Immediate availability is preferred But wait, there’s more!
Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
- Work for the BEST! Turner has been the recipient of HR Asia as one of the best companies to work for in Asia 2018; Hong Kong workplace awards: Caring Company Award 2017-2018 and Manpower Development Award 2017-2018
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the WarnerMedia Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A WarnerMedia Company
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services