Turner Broadcasting Supervising Producer in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Posting Job Title:
Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Posting Job Description:
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in seven different languages across all major TV, digital and mobile platforms reaching more than 450 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America and has a US presence. CNN Digital is a leading network for online news, mobile news and social media. CNN is at the forefront of digital innovation and continues to invest heavily in expanding its digital global footprint, with a suite of award-winning digital properties and a range of strategic content partnerships, commercialised through a strong data-driven understanding of audience behaviours. Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism. In addition, around 1,000 hours of long-form series, documentaries and specials are produced every year by CNNI’s non-news programming division, CNN Vision. CNN has 39 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource. CNN International is part of Turner, a __
Primary Purpose of Position
The CNN Digital team in Hong Kong is seeking a Supervising Producer to help define and oversee its international coverage. This is a role for an experienced digital editor with a passion for news and features, strong contacts across Asia-Pacific, outstanding editorial judgement and a commitment to developing internal talent to ensure CNN's coverage is accurate, smart and distinctive.
This includes planning, commissioning, producing and editing a consistent flow of quality digital content, coordinating with other digital units, the TV programming teams and an international network of correspondents, and writing world-class features with a global focus. They will also be a core part of the CNN Digital Asia leadership team, and as such will help generate and explore growth strategies, audience targeting initiatives and tactical development opportunities.
- Edit and produce world-class digital content
- Shape, commission and oversee coverage, including breaking news, features and other distinctive content to ensure editorial targets, standards and commitments are met
- Work closely with TV and Newsgathering colleagues on editorial, as well as other digital units, to ensure content is produced, optimized and delivered in an integrated way across platforms, with special focus on mobile
- Encourage innovation, such as interactive storytelling, social storytelling and data visualization, with an emphasis on original video, social promotion and mobile engagement
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and stakeholders across the network to ensure that all relevant parties are well informed
- Develop producer talent, and deputize for senior digital leadership
- Significant experience in digital journalism and multi-platform content creation and production
- A strong track record of editing news and feature stories.
- Should be able to swiftly fact-check stories, have a close eye for detail and a knack for writing sharp yet SEO-friendly headlines.
- Experience working independently and setting editorial priorities
- Superior news judgement and experience delivering digital content in a fast-paced breaking news environment.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Understanding of how to drive regional and global digital audience growth
- Experience in managing and directing others
Deep understanding of regional affairs, and strong contacts across Asia-Pacific
Major newsroom experience
- Exceptional understanding of digital analytics, and how to generate insights
- Experience working across time zones and different culture
- Flexible and able to operate in a fast-changing and exciting environment
- Desire to make CNN Digital innovative and distinctive
- A global mindset
_ _ All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A WarnerMedia Company
Area of Interest:
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks