Turner Broadcasting Field Producer in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title:
Time Warner Division:
United Kingdom - London
Posting Job Description:
As Field Producer you will be responsible for the direct handling of the coordination and facilitation of the numerous editorial, logistical and technical details essential to the CNN News Groups newsgathering needs.
You will deal with story development through execution, responds to breaking news in the region and field ensuring all content is relevant for a given platform, accurate and of quality and interest for the target audience. You will also provide guidance, direction, editorial and production support under direction from the Directors of Coverage and ensure communication between teams in the field is timely and accurate.
You will be assigned to work with CNN’s Chief International Correspondent.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in newsgathering and TV/digital production. You will also have a strong ability for managing multiple tasks and have excellent communication skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working hand in hand with London reporters in their newsgathering responsibilities. Taking the lead in co-ordination with the International desk in Atlanta and the London News Desk, handling and full facilitation of news coverage and CNN correspondents’ output, including the editorial oversight of packages
- Providing full support in regard to essential coordination and logistical decisions in line with the coverage and programming priorities, as well as ensuring coverage operates within budget constraints. Field safety on assignment is a vital part of the Producer’s responsibilities
- Dealing with the unexpected – breaking news. Responding at a moment’s notice to get editorial information for air – verifying its accuracy – while simultaneously getting live phone interview, live video, transmissions and/or taped coverage of the news event
- Facilitating clear guidance and feedback to the field (Correspondents, Field Producers, Technical Crews). Knowledge of Company policies and practices and their effective application are part of the responsibilities of the Producer and ensuring that risk assessment procedures are followed
- Providing editorial guidance to the CNN News Group networks and websites on international matters, ranging from historical or cultural background, to language interpretation, when possible
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in newsgathering and TV and Digital production.
- Field producing or reporting experience for TV and/or Digital
- Knowledge of TV news logistics, technical requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise between tasks under difficult conditions
- Prior field experience in hostile environments
- Organized, exceptional interest in world news including business news
- BA/BS degree and/or related discipline experience
- Prior field experience in hostile environments.
- Fluent in a second language What’s on offer:
As Field Producer, you will have the opportunity to work for a world-leading news organisation. As you might expect, this comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical and a generous pension contribution. The role is also eligible for company bonus and on top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
Please note the closing date for this role is Monday 19th November 2018.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services