Turner Broadcasting Finance Placement in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title:
United Kingdom - London
Posting Job Description:
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 70 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. Turner’s EMEA portfolio of kids, entertainment, sports and news brands includes Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Cartoonito, Boing, adult swim, Toonami, Warner TV, TCM and TNT, CNN, Great Big Story, Bleacher Report and e-league, as well as new venture Toonix, available as a standalone offering as well as in partnership with HBO Nordic.
This role works specifically within the CNN International Commercial division (CNNIC) who are responsible for the advertising and content sales for CNN.
CNNis a major global pioneering news channel which has been at the forefrontofnews reportingforover 30years.Its two dozen branded networksandservicesareavailable tomorethan2billionpeoplein more than200countries and territories. It reaches 100 million households in theU.S. andCNN International reaches morethan293 million households around the world.
*What part you will play: *
As a Finance Intern in the CNNIC finance team, you will be an integral part of a team who provide financial and strategic support to the key stakeholders. This is a fantastic opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment that will provide you with a great foundation for your future career.
The role includes tasks such as (but not limited to): providing analysis to the finance team to assess actual performance versus forecasts, assisting with the preparation of forecasts and preparing reporting schedules in collaboration with the Finance Analyst, Manager and Director.
*What do we require from you: *
- The ideal candidate will be studying for a degree in Accounting/Finance with an expected grade of 2:1 or above
- Good knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint, and overall computer skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Keen interest in the media industry
- Willingness to further explore and develop Excel skills
To be considered for this placement, you will need to submit your CV and answers to the below questions. Please upload your answers to the questions in the cover letter section.
Why would you like to work for Turner? What interests you about this placement? Are you a current graduate or recent graduate? Do you have the right to work in the UK? Unfortunately, we are not able to consider candidates who would require sponsorship. + What is your favourite Turner brand and why?
*What’s on offer: *
- A salary of £20,575, 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and 5 days paid volunteering leave to take part in charitable activities
- Insight into the day-to-day work of a global media company, and the chance to learn valuable skills for your future career
- A broad range of exciting tasks, with support and guidance from your team
- Company-wide training, as well as bespoke learning opportunities for our intern community
Please clickhereto view more information about our placement programme and the application process or email@example.com
Follow us on Facebookhereto find out more about our company culture!
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services