Turner Broadcasting Director, Program Development in Los Angeles, California
Posting Job Title:
Director, Program Development
United States - California - Los Angeles
Posting Job Description:
· The Director of Program Development (PD) will work alongside the SVP and the EVP of content development in defining the brand of CNN original series, including identifying what programs best exemplify the brand and communicating our needs to outside producers and production companies.
· The Director of PD will generate and create original and unique show concepts for all CNN Networks, and manage/coordinate the development and production of projects for CNN Original series.
· The Director will cultivate and maintain relationships with the selling community and be knowledgeable about the top producers and companies who we should be engaging with.
· The Director will take project pitches, assess and communicate the ideas internally and make recommendations for action.
· The Director will identify and be knowledgeable about potential host talent for CNN series.
· The Director will the liaison and will coordinate all activities connected to the successful launch of series and films, working with the social, digital, research, PR and strategic marketing teams to ensure that all departments are aligned on launch strategy and activations.
· The Director will focus efforts on the development and production of projects intended for the new WM DTC platform.
· 8+ years of work experience in non-scripted programming or packaging
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task and be successful in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
· 4 year college degree required
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services