Turner Broadcasting Director, Data Science Product Ops in New York, New York
Posting Job Title:
Director, Data Science Product Ops
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
As Head of Data Products you'll join Turner's Data Science team at a pivotal time, as we build products across the portfolio that capture the unique multiplatform consumption of our audiences.
You'll lead our data product strategy on the utilization of new digital datasets, augmenting the capabilities of our existing linear data products as well as defining new products that capture the potential of digital data.
You'll work closely with our data scientists to inform the business value of their modeling efforts and lead them in cross-functional teams to productionalizing those models. From recommendation systems to program scheduling to visualization of audience flows among others, you'll be a key component of how this media company builds out world class data products.
- Partner closely with the SVP of Data Science on the vision of data products
- Own overall product strategy and roadmap
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify product requirements
- Work closely with our data scientists and across the organization with various engineering teams to build machine learning based products
- Drive an agile, fast paced product development process for multiple products
- Lead by influence and create consensus in a highly matrixed organization
- Communicate the value of products to stakeholders and evangelize those capabilities throughout the organization.
- Develop product feature documentation
Dynamically prioritize competing data science initiatives according to emergent needs. The Essentials
5-7 years experience in technical product management
- Proven track record of direct leadership of teams of Data Scientists and Engineers to ship large scale data products
- Educational background in engineering or a quantitative field
- Experience working in Agile development
- Experience working with data warehouses, data pipelines, and or BI platforms
- Ability to help define requirements and document business process and desired workflow
- Basic SQL skills and understanding of analytics
- Basic Data Visualization skills
- Prior experience and understanding of media business
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Desire to learn new skillsets and help out where needed
- Ability to partner with various teams (non-technical to technical)
Prior experience with Looker, Asana, or Snowflake a plus The Perks
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services