Turner Broadcasting Director of Product Management, Publishing/CMS - CNN Digital in New York, New York
Posting Job Title:
Director of Product Management, Publishing/CMS - CNN Digital
Time Warner Division:
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future of news. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
As a Director of Product Management, Platforms and Services, you will recruit and lead a cross functional team responsible for creating industry-leading publishing systems and advanced content services used to power experiences used by 100s of millions of news consumers globally. You will lead and drive the creation of a portfolio of capabilities that delights our editors and consumers alike while contributing to CNN Worldwide's business goals. This is a multi-disciplined, cross-functional role to collaborate with key stakeholders to lead the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery of best-in-class tools, products, technology, architecture, platforms, and experiences across content management systems (CMS) and the related services, products, features, performance, and platforms that comprise that system.
- Establish product goals and KPI's that support the larger CNN Worldwide goals. Actively manage and direct product roadmaps based on achievement of these goals
- Lead product planning and roadmap execution throughout the product development and delivery lifecycle
- Manage a team in gathering, prioritizing and documenting product requirements which can include the creation of Concept Documents and Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) or discrete agile stories
- Lead and ensure clear communication of timelines, resource allocation, dependencies, product performance with all key stakeholders and partners which include design, strategic planning, sales, technology, etc.
- Actively work with your next level manager to prioritize products and features across a portfolio of products to best achieve the organization's business goals while balancing the constraints-imposed resources, time and budget
- Identify and mitigate risks, resolve conflicts, blockers and work across teams to ensure quality
- Manage and report on development progress, product and portfolio performance at an executive level
- Manage the financial aspects of your product portfolio which includes, budgeting, forecasting, capital requests, etc. Lead and manage the execution of a Statement of Work with external vendors for the delivery of products within your portfolio
- Keep abreast of trends, business and technology developments within your product domain and make recommendations for the product roadmap
- Foster and create a culture of accountability, integrity, teamwork and open communication across all partner teams that are part of the product development and delivery life-cycle
- Act as a culture change agent by introducing and promoting modern ways of working
- Demonstrated experience with world class and at scale Content Management Systems (CMS) and Publishing workflows
- Demonstrated experience with advanced content enrichment and content discovery best practices
- Demonstrated experience creating new digital product strategies and driving business model innovation. Experience in digital media preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous initiatives to successful completion.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, mentor and lead a team through influence rather than control
- 7+ years of experience building consumer-facing, multi-platform, multi-media services
- Ability to lead and drive an iterative approach to execution
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple disciplines to build highly valuable and effective solutions in a rapidly changing business landscape
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, integrity and collaborative approach to work
- Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into actions
- Bachelors Degree or commensurate work experience
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow yourcareer
- Part of theWarnerMediafamily of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services