Turner Broadcasting Director, Product Strategy (Audience Insights) in New York, New York
Posting Job Title:
Director, Product Strategy (Audience Insights)
Time Warner Division:
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner, a WarnerMedia company and a leading media conglomerate, isbest known as the folks who bring you CNN, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Bleacher Report, Cartoon Network, truTV, Turner Sports, Great Big Story and so much more! With cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today,Turner content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story?
What part will you play?
Born from its social roots, Launchpad has emerged as a powerful eco-system, connecting the world’s most influential voices and storytellers with brands. With its use of technology through human analyses and machine learning, Launchpad delivers an unparalleled experience to the right people at just the right moment, maximizing brand impact.
We know our fans, like really know them. And with our superior data and analytics tools, we’re able to unveil who is likely to become a fan of our brand partners. Our team of data scientists and social strategists fuel the Launchpad engine using proprietary affinity tools, customized surveys and propensity modeling that gives us the intelligence to identify high-value segments that are likely to take action with brands. After we uncover the audience we should talk to, we distill the data to reveal moods, mindsets, tastes and behaviors providing a compass for content creation. Our masterful storytellers then craft the perfect piece of creative that elicits desired outcomes.
As Director of Product Strategy, you will define the strategy, value proposition and product roadmap for a new suite of insight-driven tools to extend the Launchpad engine across all screens. This role requires both a product management background and entrepreneurial mindset. As Product thought leader, you will build relationships across the organization through collaboration with Data Platforms, Ad Sales, Digital Operations, Product Marketing and AT&T Advertising & Analytics.
What will you be doing?
- Refine Launchpad insight solution and its product roadmap, including both its features and business model; extend insights offering across full lifecycle of ad sales campaigns from pre-sale and activation to optimization and measurement.
- Design development process, partnering closely with Data Platform, Data Science and Technology teams.
- Develop product requirement scopes with Product and Developer teams that enable them to function as efficiently as possible, while concurrently working with and managing feedback from multiple stakeholders across multiple teams
- Be the subject matter expert for your products, their uses cases, and all relevant capabilities.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the organization's ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Leverage our combined breadth of data/analytics to make decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn't there based on a hypothesis-driven approach
Work closely with various teams including Data Platforms, Technology, Research and Ad Ops to develop and scale Launchpad’s insights data strategy, including: first party data, third party data, research/ measurement studies What do we require from you?
8+ years of experience working as a product strategist in a high-growth, fast-paced environment at a startup or large company in the media industry
- Prior experience working with data-driven, advanced advertising solutions teams with a deep knowledge of the media landscape and its evolution to social and digital
- Exceptional work-planning, pacing and organizational skills
- Ability to continually and ruthlessly prioritize projects and next steps by the greatest potential impact, risk, and resources required and push those projects forward in the face of obstacles
- Supreme attention to detail with an ability to problem-solve around even the most esoteric of issues
- Strong quantitative as well as analytical skills and an aptitude for data-driven decision-making and translating deep learnings into actionable recommendations
- Able to operate independently as well as collaborating in a team structure
MBA a plus But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services