Turner Broadcasting Editorial Operations Trainer in New York, New York
Posting Job Title:
Editorial Operations Trainer
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
In this job role, the Editorial Operations Trainer is primarily responsible for building partnerships, designing and delivering training for CNN editorial staff. This position is also responsible for providing training and support to CNN Digital News staff in partnership with the CNN Tech Digital Operations Trainer. Primary client is CNN Editorial/Newsgathering.
What will you be doing?
CNN Tech Training delivers live, distance and on-demand learning on technology and technical workflows for employees worldwide. Our focus is capability development: to build and deliver agile, engaging content and experiences, creating responsive solutions that equip CNN'ers with the operational skills essential to our storytelling.
The Editorial Operations Trainer works with internal clients to ensure they possess the knowledge and resources essential to 24/7 newsgathering.
The trainer will be exposed to many different individuals and personalities in this role, no day will be the same. This position is for a rock star individual with an upbeat attitude to join the Training Team.
The clients’ work is critical to the business; training must be engaging, creative, and dynamic. As part of the class preparation process, this position must stay current with the various news group workflows to ensure that training classes and materials remain relevant and accurate.
The Editorial Operations Trainer will be requiredto assist and participate in facilitated meetings conducted by CNN Tech Training.
S/he may participate in research and development, user testing and troubleshooting of systems during Acceptance Testing phases of a BEST Technology project to verify system effectiveness and workflow.
S/he may be assigned department support responsibilities as needed. Some travel may be required as part of this position. This position requires someone who is open to change, has the ability to learn quickly, communicates clearly, takes constructive feedback, and takes initiative.
It requires someone who can learn and teach multiple applications at one time while managing their time when being assigned tomultiple projects.
S/he must be able to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously within strict deadlines.
Ideal candidate would have experience in video production, OneDrive, iNEWs, CMS, and PowerPoint; developing training courses and associated documentation with the blended learning style in mind.
The Editorial Operations Trainer must quickly get up to speed with the various digital platforms utilized in the newsroom.
S/he must be able to effectively conduct training classes – both live and distance learning, and follow-up training sessions to staff on news production and digital applications.
S/he develops and maintains client/customer relationships on behalf of CNN Tech Training. Responsibilities include managing client training and education needs, partnering with internal clients on initiatives and reporting relationship status to the CNN Tech Training Team.
What do we need from you?
- BA or AA with prior training and project experience, or comparable professional or military experience considered.
- Education, experience and/or professional training in adult learning methods, facilitation, and/or instructional design desirable.
- 3+ years prior experience training computer users or related work in the field of media or production.
- Prior client service experience in an application/technology/digital support environment (examples of possible - not required – fields: startup, newsroom, field technical support, project management).
- Excellent verbal and written communication (including presentation) skills required.
- Previous experience writing training or education materials.
- Experience with Online Tutorial authoring tools and/or video production. Word, OneNote, OneDrive, and PowerPoint experience.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services