Turner Broadcasting Programmatic Manager, Open Demand in New York, New York
Posting Job Title:
Programmatic Manager, Open Demand
Time Warner Division:
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
As Programmatic Demand Manager, you will be a key driving force behind the execution of Turner's open demand strategy. This includes working with sales on education and enablement, DSP and TD onboarding, delivery management, optimization & reporting. On a day-to-day basis, you will work closely with sales, product, ad operations, analytics & yield teams, as well as with external partners. Your success will be measured by how you collect and translate marketplace needs and develop learnings from those insights into sales strategies & productized offerings that generate revenue. Responsibilities - Evaluate partner performance & detail recommendations for future growth. - Identify new opportunities for monetization that align with marketplace demand and demonstrate Turner's though leadership in market. - Vet new demand partners, technology platforms and capabilities to optimize; quantify revenue potential as well as risks (and how to overcome them); work with product & platforms teams to understand resource allocation against prioritized initiatives.
What will you be doing?
- Develop & document knowledge of third party platform capabilities and how they should be applied to drive value in Turner's open marketplace demand.
- Serve as a internal expert with high product knowledge surrounding header bidding, audience management, and video distribution channels.
- Oversee platform launches and optimization of open marketplace demand, including setup, troubleshooting, and delivery.
- Collaborate with sales and yield teams to determine optimal price floors and innovative optimization tactics to grow overall health of the market.
- Daily monitoring and reporting of sell-through & buyer trends of the marketplace.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvements: these may be related to optimizations in execution workflow, enhanced reporting & revenue optimization.
- Identify new product opportunities to drive unique value to the marketplace; involvement in pricing, packaging, positioning & rollout with the sales team.
- Partner with analytics to create comprehensive, interactive reporting that is actionable.
Maintain expertise in continuously evolving programmatic space and to help educate other groups within Turner (sales, integrated marketing, product, operations, etc.) What do we require from you?
4+ years in media advertising
- 3+ years in digital programmatic advertising space, focused in operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expertise in digital media, strategy development, yield
- Analytical mindset; solutions-oriented
- Proficiency in MS excel, Staq; comfortable with data analytics
- Demonstrated experience with publisher side ad technology, with deep knowledge of Google DFP, FreeWheel, and SSP capabilities.
- Extensive exposure to programmatic deal types, technologies and campaign setup
- Familiarity with ecosystem, including data collection, verification, viewability, real-time bidding, behavioral targeting, retargeting and cookie matching
Bachelor's Degree But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services