Turner Broadcasting Programmatic Manager in New York, New York
Posting Job Title:
Time Warner Division:
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner, a WarnerMedia company and a leading media conglomerate, isbest known as the folks who bring you CNN, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Bleacher Report, Cartoon Network, truTV, Turner Sports, Great Big Story and so much more! With cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today,Turner content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story?
What part will you play?
As Manager, Programmatic Yield, you will be in a high visibility role that is responsible for maximizing Turner's programmatic revenue and the utilization of its inventory via bidded auctions. You will play a key part in measuring and optimizing the overall health of Turner's programmatic business, including analysis of revenue, supply and demand, auction win/loss rates & floor pricing. You will then use these data points to drive Turner's approach to monetization (both strategy and tactics) by working closely with product, ad operations, yield & analytics teams, along with external platform partners. You will also help define optimization standards, growth metrics and benchmarks across internal & external clients. Lastly, you will help identify & implement new monetization techniques. This role is based in New York and reports to the Director, Programmatic Operations.
What will you be doing?
- Serve as operational gatekeeper of the Turner programmatic ad stack, with an understanding of inventory structure, platform features & monetization efficiency.
- Work closely with yield and analytics teams to optimize pricing and inventory volume through programmatic platforms for the explicit purpose of maximizing revenue.
- Identify new opportunities for monetization that align with marketplace demand and demonstrate Turner's though leadership in market.
- Define optimization standards, growth metrics & benchmarks for both internal & client consumption.
- Evaluate partner performance & detail recommendations for future growth.
- Vet new technology platforms and capabilities to optimize; quantify revenue potential as well as risks (and how to overcome them); work with product & platforms teams to understand resource allocation against prioritized initiatives.
- Analyze and distribute executive level reporting; highlight key benchmarks, closely monitor market trends, and progress against daily revenue targets.
- Partner with analytics to create comprehensive, interactive reporting that is actionable.
- Partner with yield to enhance the dynamic rate card and price optimizations needed within the Turner private market and SSP stack.
- Maintain expertise in continuously evolving programmatic space and to help educate other groups within Turner (sales, marketing, site teams, operations, etc.)
Educate different brands within Turner about programmatic capabilities What do we require from you?
4+ years in media advertising
- 3+ years in digital programmatic advertising space, focused in operations or analytics
- Expertise in digital media, strategy development, yield
- Analytical mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in MS excel; comfortable with data analytics; knowledge of SQL is a plus
- A proven ability to do both tactical work and set an overall strategy with group initiatives
- Understanding of marketplace supply and demand
- Demonstrated experience with publisher side ad technology, with deep knowledge of Google Ad Manager and Freewheel reporting
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services