Turner Broadcasting Project Manager (Product Strategy) in New York, New York
Posting Job Title:
Project Manager (Product Strategy)
Time Warner Division:
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
Turner, a WarnerMedia company and a leading media conglomerate, isbest known as the folks who bring you CNN, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Bleacher Report, Cartoon Network, truTV, Turner Sports, Great Big Story and so much more! With cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today,Turner content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story?
What part will you play?
Born from its social roots, Launchpad has emerged as a powerful eco-system, connecting the world’s most influential voices and storytellers with brands. With its use of technology through human analyses and machine learning, Launchpad delivers an unparalleled experience to the right people at just the right moment, maximizing brand impact.
We know our fans, like really know them. And with our superior data and analytics tools, we’re able to unveil who is likely to become a fan of our brand partners. Our team of data scientists and social strategists fuel the Launchpad engine using proprietary affinity tools, customized surveys and propensity modeling that gives us the intelligence to identify high-value segments that are likely to take action with brands. After we uncover the audience we should talk to, we distill the data to reveal moods, mindsets, tastes and behaviors providing a compass for content creation. Our masterful storytellers then craft the perfect piece of creative that elicits desired outcomes.
As Project Manager, you will assist the development and management of a roadmap for a new suite of insight-driven tools to extend the Launchpad engine across all screens. You will play a critical role in defining and driving strategic, operational and technical improvements to our Ad Sales insights offering. You will also build relationships across the organization through collaboration with Data Platforms, Ad Sales, Digital Operations, Product Marketing and AT&T Advertising & Analytics.
What will you be doing?
- Create and manage roadmap to extend insights offering across full lifecycle of ad sales campaigns from pre-sale and activation to optimization and measurement.
- Assist with quality assurance of new feature and product development to ensure they meet the high expectations for quality and results our clients have come to expect of us
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans with multiple tracks for high visibility projects
- Identify and communicate potential project risks, dependencies, milestones, and contingency plans
- Document business use cases and relevant data points necessary to support use cases
- Facilitate internal stakeholder interviews across the Ad Sales organization to drive out business requirements
- Create basic UI mock ups to illustrate feature concepts to development teams using tools such as Omnigraffle, Invision, etc.
- Support process for identifying, evaluating and selecting technology solutions/partners.
- Provide internal communication regarding product issues and release notes
- Create process flows, data flows, and other visual artifacts as needed
Collaborate closely with engineering, design, and data platform teams throughout all stages of product development What do we require from you?
4+ years of experience working as a product owner/project manager in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Prior experience working with data-driven, advanced advertising solutions teams with a deep knowledge of the media landscape and its evolution to social and digital
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal business and technology leaders as well as external partners
- Experience managing product requirements, release deliverables, and project management documentation in JIRA, Confluence, and Sharepoint
- Solid understanding of web-applications and APIs
- Exceptional work-planning, pacing and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and sequence product features and enhancements into a cohesive roadmap
- Supreme attention to detail with an ability to problem-solve around even the most esoteric of issues or features, and a can-do attitude to match
- Experience translating user flows to product requirements and managing a project from requirements to completion.
- Proven track record of ability to operate independently as well as collaborating in a team structure
- Experience working cross-functionally and holding people accountable for deliverables without a formal reporting structure
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities
- Experience with flowchart tools such as Visio/Lucidchart and project management tools such as Microsoft Project
Experience working with 1st and 3rd party data sets A few other things we’d prefer to see
Experience working within a large media company or ad tech startup
- Experience working with Digital Ad Products
- Experience building large scale Enterprise platforms
- Experience working with DMP, DSP, SSP, CRM platforms
Familiarity with Agile software development practices But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services