Turner Broadcasting Spring 2019 CNN Intern - Anderson Cooper 360 in New York, New York
Posting Job Title:
Spring 2019 CNN Intern - Anderson Cooper 360
Time Warner Division:
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
Anderson Cooper 360 is a fast-moving, surprising and provocative alternative to the typical network evening newscasts. Backed by the global resources of CNN, Anderson's anchor desk is Central Command for a 360-degree look at world events -- covering not only the day's top stories, but the fascinating, the unexpected and the underreported.
What will you be doing?
Interns gain insight into the editorial process while interning at CNN NY. They strengthen their research skills while contributing to the show and participating in daily and futures meetings. In production, interns learn how to transcribe tape, dub video, use the various CNN databases, write for air, and work with producers from story inception to finished package. Interns may have the opportunity to accompany producers on stories in the field. Interns will book and greet show guests and assist in basic Administrative tasks. Intern's schedules will vary and shift throughout their internship so they can participate in all aspects of the show.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are January 21stthrough April 19th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($15/hour), up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising sophomore status or greater.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services