Turner Broadcasting Spring 2019 CNN Intern - Great Big Story in New York, New York
Posting Job Title:
Spring 2019 CNN Intern - Great Big Story
Time Warner Division:
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
GBS is a video network dedicated to the untold, the overlooked and the flat-out amazing.
What will you be doing?
The intern will assist with research, planning, and production of original video. This internship position will be an opportunity to learn a wide range of skills over the course of the program. The intern will be pitching and researching stories pegged to news events, helping identify stories that could be included in larger series organized around a main topic, coordinating logistics for shoots, and writing scripts for videos that help put news events in context. Additionally, the intern may be going out in the field with producers on shoots and/or doing the shooting themselves (depending on story), and possibly handling some editing in Adobe Premiere.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.The ideal candidate should also have the following:
- Strong interest in original video storytelling for an online audience.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, with a major related to journalism, broadcast or digital media, or film.
Some shooting and non-linear editing skills preferred, but not required. What’s so great about this internship?
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are January 21stthrough April 19th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($15/hour), up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising sophomore status or greater.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services