Turner Broadcasting Spring 2019 CNN Intern - HLN Original Series in New York, New York
Posting Job Title:
Spring 2019 CNN Intern - HLN Original Series
Time Warner Division:
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
HLN Original Series is an in-house CNN team that produces a robust lineup of unscripted documentary series for HLN and syndication, including the highly rated programs, “How It Really Happened with Hill Harper,” “Something’s Killing Me,” and “Inside with Chris Cuomo.” The series combine gripping story-telling of news events, crimes, and scandals, with innovative filming and long-form documentary techniques.
What will you be doing?
Interns will assist and participate in all phases of long-form documentary production, from filming and script-writing to edit. Responsibilities include dubbing, transcribing, logging, researching, searching for video and sound, preparing reports and assisting with production and administrative tasks. Interns will also have the opportunity to attend local shoots and assist edit staff with tape producing.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about long-form storytelling, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are January 21stthrough April 19th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($15/hour), up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising sophomore status or greater.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services