Turner Broadcasting Spring 2019 CNN Intern - New Day in New York, New York
Posting Job Title:
Spring 2019 CNN Intern - New Day
Time Warner Division:
United States - New York - New York
Posting Job Description:
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
CNN's early morning shows feature the latest news from a team of top journalists. Early Start and New Day are primarily live from the Time Warner Center in Manhattan, featuring high-profile guests and CNN Correspondents from around the world.
What will you be doing?
Interns will get first-hand experience learning how to build live programming from both an editorial and production perspective. Interns will strengthen their research skills; participate in futures meetings; use the various CNN databases to locate footage, tape and sound bites for packages and live air; accompany producers locally on stories in the field; and greet show guests among other opportunities. Interns have the opportunity to participate in how the show ideas are developed, how videotape is gathered and edited, and the script-writing process.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.Must be willing to work overnights.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are January 21stthrough April 19th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($15/hour), up to 20 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be a rising sophomore status or greater.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services