Turner Broadcasting Associate Producer- CNN Politics in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title:
Associate Producer- CNN Politics
Time Warner Division:
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Posting Job Description:
This is our story
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
CNN Politics is looking for an associate producer responsible for creating social media content and programming the CNNPolitics homepage.
-The associate producer will be responsible for creating social media content, & programming the CNN Politics homepage and coordinating SEO and search efforts and other various web production duties
- The preferred candidate likes to tell stories, has a keen eye for detail and is capable of working under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations
- A strong interest in politics is desirable
- Thinking critically and creatively about news and politics
- Managing social media presences for CNN Politics
- Programming the CNN Politics homepage and article pages with an eye on visuals, headline writing and SEO best practices
- Other various web production duties with the possibility of writing for the breaking news team
- Interacting with team members and peers and may interact with external peers to provide semi-routine information related to assigned tasks
- Implementing activities that generally support limited parts of the work of department/team/projects
What do we need from you?
- Proficiency in some areas of the professional function including technology, design and/or editorial
- Escalate problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Understand work is subject to regular supervisory review at defined milestones
- About 1-2 years of progressively related experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMediafamily of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services