Turner Broadcasting Media Coordinator - DC-Creative Services in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title:
Media Coordinator - DC-Creative Services
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Posting Job Description:
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
Join CNN's exclusive Image+Sound team! DC Media Coordinators watch, log and alert high priority events at the White House, Capitol Hill, the Pentagon and the State Department. They are often the first set of eyes and ears on these important hearings, briefings, press conferences and stakeouts. The media coordinators work closely with the newsgathering team including reporters, producers and assignment editors letting them know when news is made at an event. They log and verbate the best moments and soundbites from each event and make sure critical information is passed on so that the news can go out on-air and online.
- Monitor and assess the editorial and technical components of video, highlighting key soundbites and compelling visual elements for production.
- Research video elements to compile font, dateline, source, content and other relevant metadata and enter that into the permanent record.
- Write descriptive narratives and summaries of raw and cut video necessary for daily production needs, online publication and permanent archive.
- Review produced material prior to air to ensure technical and editorial accuracy.
- Coordinate with Assignment Desks, Show Teams, Bureaus, Affiliates and Field Crews to record and document incoming production video.
- Manage server space and exercise editorial judgment in determining what items are killed, held or moved to permanent archive.
- Create initial record for physical media and enhance all records with relevant keywords and metadata to assist in day-of and long-term production needs.
- Ingest field discs and other material shot by Photojournalists.
Recording and ingesting content (video and still imagery) into CNN's digital video library. The Essentials
Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related discipline or equivalent in experience.
- Strong news awareness & journalistic integrity
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced 24/7/365 newsroom. The Perks
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services