Turner Broadcasting Summer 2019 CNN Intern - State of the Union in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title:
Summer 2019 CNN Intern - State of the Union
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Posting Job Description:
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What will you be doing?
Interns will learn how CNN's Jake Tapper, and his team plan and produce a Sunday morning political interview program. Interns will shadow and assist producers and receive assistance from the team if they would like to work on a story of their own. Intern duties include conducting research, fact-checking political claims, logging interviews and greeting guests. The opportunity for taking on greater responsibility is available to interns who demonstrate strong self-motivation and news judgment. Interns should come away with sharper editorial and writing skills, exposure to leading technology and an increased knowledge of the U.S. government and political system.
*What do we need from you? *
- Broadcast Journalism, Communications or Political Science major or involvement in student media.
- Strong and evolving current events knowledge and deep interest in U.S. politics.
- Knowledge of CNN news platforms.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, detail-oriented multi-taskers who function well under deadline pressures.
- Strong academic record (3.0 strongly preferred).
Cover letter required. What’s so great about this internship?
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands! Please Note:
Summer 2019 program dates are June 3rd through August 9th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services